Show me jobs like this one
|Job Category:||Truck Driver|
|Job Title:||Team Drivers|
|State:||California - CA|
|City:||Riverside / Fontana|
|Years of Experience Lower:||2 years|
|Job Type:||Full Time Regular|
ESTES WEST, AN ESTES EXPRESS LINES CO.,
· Will operate tractor/trailer in the transportation of freight in accordance with Company, Federal, State and Local laws with regard to run times and DOT regulations
· Conducts pre-trip inspections to ensure safe working conditions of the tractor and trailer prior to each trip
· Checks gauges and visual indicators for malfunctions, ensures seal on trailers and conduct inspection of vehicle before and during trips to determine problems that may be occurring
· Promptly reports all problems to Fleet Services
· Must know and adhere to all DOT requirements of those holding a Commercial drivers license
· Regular attendance is required
· This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks
· 21 years of age required per DOT regulations (2 years driving experience preferred)
· Must apply as a Team; Estes Express Lines does not pair drivers
· Each team member must qualify individually
· Class A Commercial Driver's License
· HazMat and Doubles endorsements required (LCV requirements may apply)
· May be required to drive a tractor trailer for a period of time that will conform to FMCSA requirements
· Stable employment history
· Provide exceptional customer service
· Must be able to provide an acceptable MVR
· Physical activities include: standing, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
· Must be familiar with state motor vehicle laws and department of transportation rules and regulations
· Must be able to interact well with others
· Ability to work independently or in a team setting, in a fast paced environment
· Must be mentally and emotionally capable of handling a high stress environment
· Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 70 lbs
· High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
· Must be able to and comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
· Responds well to questions. Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
· Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and will be subject to a criminal history background check
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
Comprehensive Benefits –
401 (k) with Company Match
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
College Scholarship Program Awards
Credit Union *
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Dependent Life Insurance
Direct Deposit *
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Care Flexible Spending Account
Job Referral Bonus Program (Eligible Employees Only)
Jury Duty Leave
Paid Time Off Policies
Safety Awards Program (Specific Employees Only)
Safe Driving Bonus Program (Drivers Only)
Short and Long Term Disability Programs
Estes reserves the right to change, adjust, amend or terminate its benefits at any time.
*Indicates part-time employee eligibility
At Estes - We understand that the dedication and quality of our employees are what sets us apart from other transportation providers. That’s why we strive to create a pleasant and safe work environment that gives our employees the support they need to be successful – today and tomorrow.
Family Friendly Schedules- Spending time with family and friends is important. That’s why we have regular schedules that give our drivers the opportunity to build lives outside of work. Our over-the-road drivers are paid by the mile and, to start, are typically home two out of every seven days. We make an effort to see that, after a short period of time, our new drivers are home every other night as well.
Dedicated Runs- For those who like the stability and familiarity of a standard route, dedicated runs are definitely a plus. Due to our large terminal network and operational strategy, we have many opportunities for drivers who prefer consistency.
Exceptional Equipment- From late model tractors to new-and-improved trailers, our impressive fleet of equipment makes a difference. What’s more, we have recently embarked on a program to replace all of our sleeper units with comfortable, well-equipped units. We want to equip our drivers with the tools necessary to do their job safely and effectively.
At this time, Estes will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Positions are considered open until filled or until we have received an adequate number of applicants. Qualified applicants will be required to complete an on-site application as part of our standard application process.
Estes is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or other related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like an accommodation or any assistance in order to apply for a job, please call 1-877-975-4378 for assistance, or fax your requested accommodation to 804-355-3748. Nothing contained herein is to be construed as an offer of employment or a binding contract of employment for a specific period of time. Employment can be terminated by either the employee or the employer at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Estes Express Lines.