The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- The fleet maintenance manager provides direct supervision to their subordinates to ensure the process of vehicle and equipment repairs, rapid turnaround of vehicles and equipment, and quality assurance/ quality control procedures are in place and functioning properly.
- The fleet maintenance manager reviews completed work for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and quality.
- Evaluates and implements employee training, shop safety program/OSHA standards, tool inventory and accountability procedures, and inspections and certifications.
- Develops and reviews training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new vehicles/equipment.
- Coordinates outside fleet repairs, may identify and places orders for repair / replacement parts for vehicles and equipment.
- The fleet maintenance manager may also need to have knowledge on any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in order to retrieve any information on vehicles, inventory, or employees.
- They must also be aware of any new regulations from the Industry or Department of Transportation (DOT) to make sure the company stays in compliance.
- And of course they need to remain available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours.
If you are looking to change career or define your specialty and you need training don’t forget to check out the Tech schools affiliated with FleetJobs.com. Get started today and “Get to Work”.
Other popular searches:
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Florida - FL
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in California - CA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Pennsylvania - PA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Texas - TX
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Birmingham
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Fort Worth
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Dallas
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Atlanta
|Search results: 1 - 10 of 2713||RSS|
Sysco Cincinnati. Cincinnati
Job ID# : 22109-1 Company : Sysco Cincinnati Location : Cincinnati-OH Category : Transportation Jobs Type : Full-Time Minimum Education : Minimum Yrs. Experience : Travel Percentage(%) : up to 25% More information about this job: Overview: At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner...
New World Van Lines. Chicago
New World Van Lines We are seeking an intuitive Diesel Mechanic to assist in maintaining our newer, state of the art and best maintained fleet. Preventative maintenance Electrical troubleshooting and system repairs Brake System repair Tire maintenance Minor diesel engine repair Vehicle component lubrication and replacement Cooling system maintenance Perform basic diagnostics Paid weekly, Blue Cross Blues Shield health insurance,...
Waste Management. Rochester
Diesel Mechanic $1,500 Sign on Bonus A Diesel Mechanic performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment. Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI); troubleshoots, repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles and equipment. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components. ...
Summary of Position: This is a non-union supervisory position responsible for directing and coordinating all activities and personnel within the INTREN fleet. Essential Functions and Responsibilities: • Lead, direct, and assign both union and non-union employees in the completion of their responsibilities. • Set priorities, assign work to appropriate personnel,...
Sysco Foods. Louisville
Job ID# : 19301-1 Company : Sysco Louisville Location : Louisville-KY Category : Transportation Jobs Type : Full-Time Minimum Education : Minimum Yrs. Experience : Travel Percentage(%) : 0% More information about this job: Overview: At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds...
Valley Proteins. Ward
Transportation Manager Recover, Recycle, Replenish, Renew Valley Proteins is one of the top three rendering companies in the U.S. and operates facilities in the Eastern and Southwestern US. Our fleet is a top 100 private fleet; dedicated to safe and efficient service to our customers. We are seeking an experienced Transportation Manager for...
Saddle Creek Transportation. Lakeland
Join Our Team Saddle Creek Transportation, Inc. has an immediate opening for a 2nd shift (1:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.) tractor mechanic to join our skilled team of mechanics in our Lakeland, Florida facility. If you have tractor mechanic experience and are well rounded in hydraulics, diesel engine maintenance, and...
LGSTX Services Inc. Florence
FIND OUT WHY our mechanics remain with us an average of 11 YEARS!! Are you a heavy equipment maintenance professional that is seeking an opportunity for stability, a place to build a career instead of just going to a job? We need top notch, experienced heavy equipment maintenance professionals that...
Denver Rescue Mission. Denver
Denver Rescue Mission is seeking a full-time Senior Fleet Mechanic reporting to the Vehicle Program Supervisor. Primary responsibilities include the maintenance, inspection, diagnosis, and repairs of both fleet and donated vehicles. Will also serve as a mentor and trainer to program participants. We are looking for someone who has 3+...
AAA Northeast. Boston
AAA Northeast is one of the largest and most innovative membership organizations in North America. It is a multi-business organization comprising more than 60 locations in a six-state area. We provide valuable roadside service to our 5.1 million members, as well as many specialized services such as Financial Services &...