The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- The fleet maintenance manager provides direct supervision to their subordinates to ensure the process of vehicle and equipment repairs, rapid turnaround of vehicles and equipment, and quality assurance/ quality control procedures are in place and functioning properly.
- The fleet maintenance manager reviews completed work for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and quality.
- Evaluates and implements employee training, shop safety program/OSHA standards, tool inventory and accountability procedures, and inspections and certifications.
- Develops and reviews training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new vehicles/equipment.
- Coordinates outside fleet repairs, may identify and places orders for repair / replacement parts for vehicles and equipment.
- The fleet maintenance manager may also need to have knowledge on any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in order to retrieve any information on vehicles, inventory, or employees.
- They must also be aware of any new regulations from the Industry or Department of Transportation (DOT) to make sure the company stays in compliance.
- And of course they need to remain available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours.
If you are looking to change career or define your specialty and you need training don’t forget to check out the Tech schools affiliated with FleetJobs.com. Get started today and “Get to Work”.
Other popular searches:
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Florida - FL
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in California - CA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Texas - TX
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Georgia - GA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Richmond
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Tampa
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Birmingham
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Atlanta
|Search results: 1 - 10 of 2022||RSS|
Coca-Cola Bottling Company United. Savannah
Fleet Mechanic Sales Center: Savannah Coca-Cola Bottling Company United Summary Repairs, services & maintains company owned diesel, gasoline and electric vehicles Responsibilities Trouble shoot & diagnose problems with mechanical and electrical systems Remove and replace parts as necessary to maintain performance level of vehicle Overhaul and/or rebuild parts and systems as needed Rewires electrical systems as needed Performs preventative maintenance...
UCSF Campus. San Francisco
Shuttle Services Fleet Manager The University of California San Francisco Transportation Services (TS) is charged with maximizing the use of transportation resources by establishing/administering campus parking, vanpool, shuttles, carpool, transit, car share, bicycle, pedestrian programs and special event services. The Shuttle Services Fleet Manager reports to the Transportation Services’ Associate Director, and...
Smith & Solomon. Philadelphia
Diesel Mechanics Wanted Class A or Class B We are looking for a qualified Diesel Mechanics to add to our team and help us maintain our growing fleet. We have full or part time positions available at our Philadelphia, PA location. We are one of the fastest growing transportation companies in...
Grady Health System. Atlanta
SUMMARY In accordance with the Grady Health System Policies & Procedures and the EMS operations manual, the Vehicle Mechanic II performs fleet maintenance repairs. To ensure the readiness of all assigned emergency and non-emergency vehicle through the application of the comprehensive Preventive Maintenance and Replacement Plan. To assume responsibility for...
Palm Beach County Human Resources. West Palm Beach
Assistant Director, Fleet Management Salary Range: $78,603 Annually, negotiable depending on qualifications Department: Facilities Development and Operations/Fleet Management Location: 2601 Vista Parkway, WPB Hours: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday - Friday, evenings and weekends as required/necessary Other: Valid Florida Driver’s License and PBC Risk Management Department driving history approval prior to appointment. THIS IS...
AM/PM Road Service. Atlanta
Diesel Tractor Trailer Mobile Road Service**$1200-$2000 WEEKLY (Atlanta) BIG CHECKS FOR QUALIFIED TECHS. AM/PM Road Service, a leader in the mobile maintenance industry, has an immediate openings for qualified Class A mobile field techs for our Atlanta operation. Candidates must have 6+ years’ experience in Tractor/Trailer repair - brakes, cooling systems, fuel...
LGSTX Services Inc. New Orleans
Part Time Equipment Maintenance Mechanic Are you a heavy equipment maintenance professional that is seeking an opportunity for stability, a place to build a career instead of just going to a job? We need top notch, experienced heavy equipment maintenance professionals that have an interest in being a part of the...
Via Mobility Services. Denver
Detailer SHIFT: Tuesday - Saturday 2:30pm - 11pm General Purpose: The Detailer for Via’s maintenance Department is primarily responsible for the cleanliness of all Via’s vehicles. Essential Duties/Responsibilities: The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the functions outlined below. Management retains the discretion to add-to and/or change the duties...
Via Mobility Services. Boulder
Fleet Maintenance Manager General Purpose: Responsible for daily supervision of Vìa’s Fleet Maintenance department duties include training and direct supervision of mechanics and detailers, scheduling and direction of repairs and maintenance; maintaining logs of preventative maintenance, record-keeping of completed repairs and other fleet maintenance, maintain adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and...
Via Mobility Services. Boulder
Mechanic I SHIFT: Tuesday - Sunday 6am - 2:30pm General Purpose: The Mechanic I is responsible for safely and effectively working on the fleet of vehicles in Via’s maintenance department. These vehicles include the Via Service coaches, RTD access-a-Ride and CNR vehicles. Essential Duties/Responsibilities: The essential functions of the position include, but are not...