The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- The fleet maintenance manager provides direct supervision to their subordinates to ensure the process of vehicle and equipment repairs, rapid turnaround of vehicles and equipment, and quality assurance/ quality control procedures are in place and functioning properly.
- The fleet maintenance manager reviews completed work for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and quality.
- Evaluates and implements employee training, shop safety program/OSHA standards, tool inventory and accountability procedures, and inspections and certifications.
- Develops and reviews training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new vehicles/equipment.
- Coordinates outside fleet repairs, may identify and places orders for repair / replacement parts for vehicles and equipment.
- The fleet maintenance manager may also need to have knowledge on any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in order to retrieve any information on vehicles, inventory, or employees.
- They must also be aware of any new regulations from the Industry or Department of Transportation (DOT) to make sure the company stays in compliance.
- And of course they need to remain available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours.
If you are looking to change career or define your specialty and you need training don’t forget to check out the Tech schools affiliated with FleetJobs.com. Get started today and “Get to Work”.
Other popular searches:
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Texas - TX
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in California - CA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Georgia - GA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Florida - FL
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Houston
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Atlanta
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Miami
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Phoenix
|Search results: 1 - 10 of 1965||RSS|
A national service & maintenance company is looking for an experienced working service manager for it's heavy equipment maintenance operations in Morrisville, PA rail yard. Duties includes scheduling & supervising mechanics who perform maintenance work on specialized cranes, forklift and yard trucks as well as maintaining service records on a...
Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT). Annapolis
MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION invites applications for the position of: Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technician III SALARY: $34,390.00 - $54,186.00 Annually OPENING DATE: 01/06/16 CLOSING DATE: 02/10/16 11:59 PM DESCRIPTION: OPEN RECRUITMENT This is the advanced (III) level of repair and maintenance work on motor vehicles and construction/maintenance equipment. Employees at the advanced level are responsible for performing...
Oak Farms Dairy. Houston
Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Repair Thermo King Experience a Plus Current CDL Class A or willing to obtain Verifiable work history for diesel engine repair/preventive maintenance DEAN FOODS COMPANY is an EEO Employer (M/F/D/V) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment wihtout regard to race, color, sec, age, natioanl origin, disability, protected veteran status...
Fleet Technician At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and...
Acadian Ambulance. Humble
Acadian Ambulance is seeking qualified candidates to fill a mechanic position at our Humble Shop. The qualifying candidate will be guaranteed 50 hours/week (40 hours regular time+ 10 hour at time and a half). The incumbent will perform troubleshooting, repair & preventative maintenance on our ambulances and other vehicles. Qualified applicants...
Tumbleweed Transportation. Los Angeles
Diesel Mechanic Los Angeles, CA Full-time Company Description Tumbleweed Transportation is a school bus company located in West Los Angeles. We have a large, modern fleet and we serve schools in the Greater Los Angeles and South Bay areas. Job Description Diesel Mechanic responsible for maintenance and repairs for a large school bus fleet. Join a team...
Tradebe Environmental Services, LLC. Meriden
Truck Shop Supervisor At Tradebe, we create cost-effective ways for our clients to recycle hazardous waste. Our priority is recycling industrial waste into beneficial products and substitute fuels. To further our vision for the future, we created Tradebe Environmental Services through the acquisition of several well-established environmental services companies in North...
Grady Health System. Atlanta
Vehicle Paint & Body Specialist Signing Bonus Available! Location: Atlanta, GA The Vehicle Paint & Body Specialist performs fleet body and paint applications in a production setting. Performs quality repairs and ensures the prompt readiness of all assigned emergency and non-emergency vehicles. Assume responsibility for scheduled remounts and other vehicles requiring routine body...
LGSTX Services Inc. Philadelphia
This position requires travel to Baltimore/Washington Intl Airport (BWI) as needed. A company vehicle is provided for this travel. Who we are: Are you a heavy equipment maintenance professional that is seeking an opportunity for stability, a place to build a career instead of just going to a job? We...
Fleet Mechanics Position performs scheduled preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to automobiles, trucks (light and heavy), vans and forklifts. Disassembles and overhauls motors, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, electrical systems, and all other assemblies. Position works with a high degree of independence. This position requires that you have your own tools. Position...