The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- The fleet maintenance manager provides direct supervision to their subordinates to ensure the process of vehicle and equipment repairs, rapid turnaround of vehicles and equipment, and quality assurance/ quality control procedures are in place and functioning properly.
- The fleet maintenance manager reviews completed work for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and quality.
- Evaluates and implements employee training, shop safety program/OSHA standards, tool inventory and accountability procedures, and inspections and certifications.
- Develops and reviews training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new vehicles/equipment.
- Coordinates outside fleet repairs, may identify and places orders for repair / replacement parts for vehicles and equipment.
- The fleet maintenance manager may also need to have knowledge on any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in order to retrieve any information on vehicles, inventory, or employees.
- They must also be aware of any new regulations from the Industry or Department of Transportation (DOT) to make sure the company stays in compliance.
- And of course they need to remain available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours.
If you are looking to change career or define your specialty and you need training don’t forget to check out the Tech schools affiliated with FleetJobs.com. Get started today and “Get to Work”.
Other popular searches:
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Florida - FL
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Texas - TX
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in California - CA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Tennessee - TN
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Memphis
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Richmond
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Atlanta
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Chattanooga
|Search results: 1 - 10 of 940||RSS|
FedEx Express. Orlando
Objective: To provide field operations/maintenance work for field vehicle fleet and ground equipment which require preventive maintenance, troubleshooting repairs and/or modifications. Sr. Global Vehicle Technician - Orlando, FL Duties: Repairs, modifies and performs preventive maintenance inspections; troubleshoots field vehicle fleet and ground support equipment. Diagnoses source of trouble, disassembling equipment and performing repairs. Assists in the...
Twin City Staffing. Minneapolis
Busy company near Delano is currently seeking an experienced 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic for a permanent full time opening. Work Hours are 2PM to 11PM Monday through Thursday and 10 AM - 4 PM on Friday. This position is available immediately. Candidates must have own tools. Will be working on or cross trained on: Heavy...
Colonial Electric Supply. King of Prussia
ROUTER - FLEET DEPARTMENT (OVERNIGHT SHIFT) King of Prussia, PA COMPANY DESCRIPTION Are you looking for an employer who offers growth and REAL career opportunities? Colonial Electric Supply Company wants you! We believe in a People First strategy that includes customized learning paths including online, onsite and offsite training opportunities, career development tracks,...
Tumbleweed Transportation. Los Angeles
DIESEL MECHANIC Los Angeles, CA COMPANY DESCRIPTION Tumbleweed Transportation is a school bus company located in West Los Angeles. We have a large, modern fleet and we serve schools in the Greater Los Angeles and South Bay areas. JOB DESCRIPTION Diesel Mechanic responsible for maintenance and repairs for a large school bus fleet. Join a...
Mega Rentals Inc.. Madison
Mega Rentals Inc. is seeking a Fleet Mechanic to perform skilled labor in a road construction environment. This position will work primarily in a shop environment and may report off site if necessary. The main duties and responsibilities for this position consist of: Inspect vehicles and related equipment to detect malfunctions...
Transervice Logistics Inc.. Chicago
Tractor Trailer Diesel Mechanic Come join our team! Transervice, a leading transportation company, is currently seeking qualified Tractor Trailer Diesel Mechanic candidates to join our growing organization at our Chicago, IL location in the downtown loop! Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Determine vehicle and trailer condition by conducting...
FedEx Freight. Summit
FedEx Freight Shop Tech 2 and 3 / Diesel Mechanic Summit, IL Begin your career with the FedEx Team as a Shop Tech 2 or 3 and be a part of one of the most well-known and reliable companies in the world. Provide quality and cost effective repair and maintenance of tractors, trailers, forklifts...
FLEET MECHANIC Swingle Lawn, Tree & Landscape Care, Colorado's Front-Range premier landscape care company since 1947 is seeking a journeyman FLEET MECHANIC in our corporate HQ. This important role needs a hands-on, proven professional to be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of our Denver fleet under the direction of...
Transervice Logistics Inc.. Waxahachie
Come join our team! Transervice, a leading transportation company, is currently seeking a qualified Tractor Trailer Diesel Mechanic candidate to join our growing organization at our Waxahachie, TX location! The position available is for the 3rd shift of the day. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Determine vehicle and trailer condition...
Transervice Logistics Inc.. Windsor
Job Description Come join our team! Transervice, a leading transportation company, is currently seeking a qualified Tractor Trailer Diesel Mechanic candidate to join our growing organization at our Windsor, WI location! The Diesel Mechanic will be assigned to working the 2nd shift of the day. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Determine vehicle...