The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- The fleet maintenance manager provides direct supervision to their subordinates to ensure the process of vehicle and equipment repairs, rapid turnaround of vehicles and equipment, and quality assurance/ quality control procedures are in place and functioning properly.
- The fleet maintenance manager reviews completed work for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and quality.
- Evaluates and implements employee training, shop safety program/OSHA standards, tool inventory and accountability procedures, and inspections and certifications.
- Develops and reviews training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new vehicles/equipment.
- Coordinates outside fleet repairs, may identify and places orders for repair / replacement parts for vehicles and equipment.
- The fleet maintenance manager may also need to have knowledge on any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in order to retrieve any information on vehicles, inventory, or employees.
- They must also be aware of any new regulations from the Industry or Department of Transportation (DOT) to make sure the company stays in compliance.
- And of course they need to remain available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours.
If you are looking to change career or define your specialty and you need training don’t forget to check out the Tech schools affiliated with FleetJobs.com. Get started today and “Get to Work”.
Other popular searches:
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Florida - FL
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Texas - TX
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in California - CA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Michigan - MI
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Houston
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Miami
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Dallas
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Orlando
|Search results: 1 - 10 of 1779||RSS|
Amerit Fleet Solutions. South Bend, IN
Amerit Fleet Solutions is looking for an experienced Mobile Generator Technician in the South Bend, IN ! area (based in South Bend and servicing the north of Indiana). The Technician will be repairing generators such as Kohler and Cummins/Onan generators- diesel, propane or gasoline. Experience in troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing...
LGSTX Services Inc. San Diego
LGSTX Services, Inc is a leading provider of GSE Mechanic services within the aviation industry. Due to our continued growth, we are seeking an experienced mechanic for our operations at SAN. What you will do: The Equipment Maintenance Mechanic will perform as a skilled mechanic in the inspection, maintenance, repair and...
LGSTX Services Inc. Orlando
LGSTX Services, Inc is a leading provider of outbase GSE Mechanic services within the aviation industry. Due to our continued growth, we are seeking an experienced mechanic for our operations at MCO (Orlando). What you will do: The Equipment Maintenance Mechanic will perform as a skilled mechanic in the inspection,...
LGSTX Services Inc. Boston
Are you a heavy vehicle maintenance professional that is seeking an opportunity? We need top notch, experienced heavy equipment maintenance professionals that have an interest in being a part of the aviation industry. We are seeking hardworking, experienced, dedicated team players to join our team of professionals in the specialized repair of...
Waste Management. Vineland
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets...
Progressive Waste Solutions. Rochester
Mechanic Requisition Number 16-0201 Post Date 3/3/2016 Title Mechanic City Waterloo State/Province NY Description Summary of Functions: The position is responsible for performing routine maintenance and a variety of repairs on IESI vehicles & heavy equipment. The position is crucial to the safe and production operation of the fleet. Essential...
Nestle Waters. Lanham
Contact: David Hubble | Division Recruiter Nestlé Waters North America firstname.lastname@example.org office 508-977-8638 | cell 508-245-0462 The Diesel Mechanic's primary purpose will require the individual to perform preventative and corrective maintenance on fleet vehicles and equipment including gas and diesel engines, hydraulic systems, air brakes, forklifts, tankers and trailers. Key responsibilities: - Troubleshoot and...
City of Port Angeles. Port Angeles
Fleet Manager Under general direction of the Deputy Director of Public Works and Utilities, plans, directs, coordinates and supervises the operation of the City’s Equipment Services Division, including the maintenance and management of the City’s fleet with heavy and light equipment, automotive vehicles, Police and Fire vehicles, and other related equipment...
Tumbleweed Transportation. Los Angeles
Diesel Mechanic Los Angeles, CA Full-time Company Description Tumbleweed Transportation is a school bus company located in West Los Angeles. We have a large, modern fleet and we serve schools in the Greater Los Angeles and South Bay areas. Job Description Diesel Mechanic responsible for maintenance and repairs for a large school bus fleet. Join a team...
Waste Management.. Mankato
Diesel Technician - Heavy Truck $4000 Sign-on Bonus! Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers...