The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- The fleet maintenance manager provides direct supervision to their subordinates to ensure the process of vehicle and equipment repairs, rapid turnaround of vehicles and equipment, and quality assurance/ quality control procedures are in place and functioning properly.
- The fleet maintenance manager reviews completed work for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and quality.
- Evaluates and implements employee training, shop safety program/OSHA standards, tool inventory and accountability procedures, and inspections and certifications.
- Develops and reviews training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new vehicles/equipment.
- Coordinates outside fleet repairs, may identify and places orders for repair / replacement parts for vehicles and equipment.
- The fleet maintenance manager may also need to have knowledge on any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in order to retrieve any information on vehicles, inventory, or employees.
- They must also be aware of any new regulations from the Industry or Department of Transportation (DOT) to make sure the company stays in compliance.
- And of course they need to remain available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours.
If you are looking to change career or define your specialty and you need training don’t forget to check out the Tech schools affiliated with FleetJobs.com. Get started today and “Get to Work”.
Other popular searches:
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Florida - FL
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in California - CA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Texas - TX
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Georgia - GA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Atlanta
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Houston
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Richmond
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Memphis
|Search results: 1 - 10 of 1119||RSS|
Village Nurseries Wholesale, LLC. Perris
Agricultural Fleet Mechanic Summary Repairs and overhauls trucks, large diesel vehicles, on road trailers, other automotive vehicles and all types of farm equipment (tractors, trailers, canning machines, etc) by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Examines vehicle or equipment and discusses with Fleet Manager...
NITCO (Northland Industrial Truck Company) is New England’s fastest growing distributor of materials handling and construction equipment. We are looking for highly motivated and experienced Technicians to join our team! Responsibilities: Above all, insure that safe practices are followed in all aspects of daily activities Diagnose / troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic,...
Big Bus Tours Washington DC. Hyattsville
Engineering and Fleet Manager Engineering Manager wanted for an established and reputable sightseeing company in Washington DC. Overall purpose of the job: The main responsibilities are to oversee the daily operation of the workshop and fleet Key areas of Responsibility Report on time to the depot as scheduled in required uniform Directly supervise...
Clarke Power Services, Inc.. Minneapolis
VehiCare Diesel Mechanic Job Description SUMMARY Repairs and maintains customer vehicles and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and other equipment by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Perform PMI's on tractors, trailers and other diesel powered equipment. Perform all types of engine, brake, drive train, electrical, and A/C...
Palletized Trucking Inc.. Houston
Fleet Maintenance – Assistant Manager BASIC PURPOSE – Support the Fleet Maintenance Manager in the operational duties. Perform strategy to execution goals that coincide with all of the duties and responsibilities outlined below. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Perform the necessary duties within the shop to maintain service and support of vehicles...
Sysco Foods. Sacramento
Overview: At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing...
Sysco Foods. Chicago
Fleet Technician/Mechanic - Sysco Chicago (Des Plaines) Overview: At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies Sysco. Sysco is...
Fleet Mechanic for a Cool Shop (Aurora, CO) Loomis, the Leader in Cash Handling, is seeking a Fleet Mechanic that’s an A level technician for our sharp shop in our Denver Branch. (We are located in Aurora.) Mechanic Pay Scale is $18-25 (negotiable) an hour DOE. Work schedule...
Tradebe Environmental Services, LLC. Chicago
Truck Mechanic out of East Chicago At TRADEBE, we work internationally to offer quality, innovative environmental services that contribute to sustainable development and provide value to our customers, shareholders and personnel. We create cost-effective ways for our clients to recycle hazardous waste. Our priority is recycling industrial waste into beneficial products...
FedEx Express. New Orleans
TITLE Sr Global Vehicle Technician (Non-DOT) EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. DESCRIPTION To provide timely, quality maintenance for FedEx...