The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- The fleet maintenance manager provides direct supervision to their subordinates to ensure the process of vehicle and equipment repairs, rapid turnaround of vehicles and equipment, and quality assurance/ quality control procedures are in place and functioning properly.
- The fleet maintenance manager reviews completed work for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and quality.
- Evaluates and implements employee training, shop safety program/OSHA standards, tool inventory and accountability procedures, and inspections and certifications.
- Develops and reviews training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new vehicles/equipment.
- Coordinates outside fleet repairs, may identify and places orders for repair / replacement parts for vehicles and equipment.
- The fleet maintenance manager may also need to have knowledge on any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in order to retrieve any information on vehicles, inventory, or employees.
- They must also be aware of any new regulations from the Industry or Department of Transportation (DOT) to make sure the company stays in compliance.
- And of course they need to remain available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours.
If you are looking to change career or define your specialty and you need training don’t forget to check out the Tech schools affiliated with FleetJobs.com. Get started today and “Get to Work”.
Other popular searches:
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Arizona - AZ
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Texas - TX
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Florida - FL
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in California - CA
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Atlanta
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Richmond
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Houston
- Fleet Maintenance Manager jobs in Dallas
|Search results: 1 - 10 of 930||RSS|
LGSTX Services Inc. New Orleans
Are you a heavy equipment maintenance professional that is seeking an opportunity for stability, a place to build a career instead of just going to a job? We need top notch, experienced heavy equipment maintenance professionals that have an interest in being a part of the aviation industry. We are...
Mettler Toledo. Chicago
METTLER TOLEDO is the global leader in the manufacturing, marketing and service of precision instruments for use in industrial, laboratory and food retailing applications. We have one of the largest Global Service and Sales organizations among precision instrument companies. We are seeking an Industrial Field Service Representative I in Chicago, IL. SUMMARY This...
Transport America. Eagan
Hours: M-F 11:30am-7:00pm OT is paid time and a half for any hours over 40 $1,500 Sign-on bonus offered after hired For this critical, safety-sensitive role, we are seeking strong technical individuals who are results-driven and thrive on making significant contributions to maintain top-quality, safe equipment out on the road representing Transport...
FedEx Express. Roseville
Want to be a part of world's largest express-transportation company? With the right ‘can-do' attitude and skills, you can. Working for a leader and innovator means you'll be part of a team delivering fast, time-definite, reliable service to satisfy a worldwide demand. Now that's exciting. Fleet Mechanic to provide timely, quality maintenance...
FedEx Express. Vandalia
Want to be a part of world's largest express-transportation company? With the right ‘can-do' attitude and skills, you can. Working for a leader and innovator means you'll be part of a team delivering fast, time-definite, reliable service to satisfy a worldwide demand. Now that's exciting. Fleet Mechanic to provide timely, quality...
Publix Super Markets, Inc.. Orlando
Come join our Fleet Maintenance team as a Fleet Refrigeration Maintenance Mechanic! Publix has its own fleet of tractor trailers which is serviced by our Fleet Maintenance team. This Orlando Fleet Maintenance team oversees 40 tractors and 110 trailers In October of last year, Publix opened a one-million-square-foot refrigerated distribution center...
LGSTX Services Inc. Florence
FIND OUT WHY OUR MECHANICS REMAIN WITH US AN AVERAGE OF 11 YEARS! Are you a heavy equipment maintenance professional that is seeking an opportunity to build a career instead of just going to a job? We need top notch, experienced heavy equipment maintenance professionals that have an interest in...
ITS Technologies & Logistics. Chicago
For over 30 years, ITS Technologies and Logistics, LLC has been a proven and successful nationwide leader in professional intermodal services. Our success is based strongly on the positive attitudes, skills and performance of our entire workforce. Due to that success and growth, we are currently seeking a Maintenance Manager to...
Precast Specialties. Fort Lauderdale
DIESEL MECHANIC PCSI is looking for an experience Diesel Mechanic with heavy equipment experience. Candidates will be working on loaders, travel lifts, fork lifts, tuckerbilts and other heavy equipment. Experienced with changing oils, diagnosing and troubleshooting engine trouble. Responsibilities: Diesel Technician / Heavy Truck Mechanics will perform quality repairs and maintenance on all...
North East Fleet. Bridgewater
Experienced Diesel Mechanic Excellent opportunity for experienced Diesel Mechanic to join our growing fleet maintenance team located in Bridgewater, NJ. Our Diesel Mechanics perform inspection, diagnosis and repair electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment. Candidates must have a High School diploma or equivalent and at least...