The maintenance manager is part of the management team of a company or organization and usually has to work closely with other managers, clients and customers. The following statements describe the principal functions of this job and its scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- The maintenance manager provides direct supervision to their subordinates to ensure the process of vehicle and equipment repairs, rapid turnaround of vehicles and equipment, and quality assurance/ quality control procedures are in place and functioning properly.
- The maintenance manager reviews completed work for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and quality.
- Evaluates and implements employee training, shop safety program/OSHA standards, tool inventory and accountability procedures, and inspections and certifications.
- Develops and reviews training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new vehicles/equipment. Coordinates outside fleet repairs, may identify and places orders for repair / replacement parts for vehicles and equipment.
- The maintenance manager may also need to have knowledge on any Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in order to retrieve any information on vehicles, inventory, or employees.
- They must also be aware of any new regulations from the Industry or Department of Transportation (DOT) to make sure the company stays in compliance.
- And of course they need to remain available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours.
If you are looking to change career or define your specialty and you need training don’t forget to check out the Tech schools affiliated with FleetJobs.com. Get started today and “Get to Work”.
Other popular searches:
- Maintenance Manager jobs in New York - NY
- Maintenance Manager jobs in North Carolina - NC
- Maintenance Manager jobs in Texas - TX
- Maintenance Manager jobs in California - CA
- Maintenance Manager jobs in Houston
- Maintenance Manager jobs in Atlanta
- Maintenance Manager jobs in Dallas
- Maintenance Manager jobs in Knoxville
|Search results: 1 - 10 of 2802||RSS|
Position is location based with a low degree of supervision. Position refurbishes and repairs fleet equipment as needed. Position mixes paints, glues and coating materials to proper standards. Prepares equipment surfaces for repainting, resurfacing or application of new decals/facings. Position may also replace internal and external mechanical workings or body...
OVERVIEW: At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and...
Good Transport Services, Inc. Columbia
Title Service Manager Part Time No Company Good Transport Services City Columbia State PA Description Position is responsible to plan, organize, and direct the Service Division’s operations and personnel of Good Transport Services, Inc. Maintain a good working relationship with the Transportation Division and external customers. Responsible for Service Division’s profit and loss and internal fleet maintenance costs. The ideal candidate is...
Summary: Performs repair and preventative maintenance of diesel and gasoline engines, brake systems, fuel systems, ignition and electrical systems, exhaust systems, suspension systems, hydraulic systems and vehicle and body computers. Maintenance and repair is performed on all types of vehicles including cars, vans, trucks, trailers and a variety of mobile tools...
Ray's Trash Service. Indianapolis
Diesel Mechanics Call 866-800-4561 Immediately! or APPLY BELOW Ray’s Trash Service, Inc. is the largest independent recycling and waste disposal operation in the Indianapolis area. Ray’s Trash Service is a family-operated business that has been providing the Indianapolis area with quality recycling and waste disposal services since 1965. Why Ray’s Competitive wages that are...
MegaCorp Lines. Wilmington
About the Company: MegaCorp Logistics is a fast growing third party logistics company with locations in North Carolina, Kentucky/Cincinnati area, West Virginia, and Colorado. We are seeking highly creative and motivated individuals who are committed to finding successful answers to our clients' needs. Our team represents decades of experience in the 3PL...
South Florida Water Management District. West Palm Beach
Performs a wide range of services to diagnose and repair District fleet at the West Palm Beach Field Station, units including cars, trucks, diesel engines, and small and heavy equipment. May give technical guidance and assistance. This position is subject to random mandatory drug and alcohol testing. Work hours are...
Local Motion of Boston. Boston
Local Motion of Boston 66B Rocsam Park Road Braintree, MA 02184 Summary: This position will provide overall coordination of all issues and processes relating to the fleet and fleet equipment as well as customer service. Responsibilities: Fleet Manager Directs and supervises the activities of all fleet maintenance personnel Responsible for fleet readiness (i.e. scheduling repair work) Communicates with Operations...
Local Motion of Boston. Boston
Reporting to: Fleet Manager Hours: Full Time Summary: The Diesel Mechanic / Technician is responsible for servicing diesel engines and vehicles, specifically Local Motion buses and other vehicles. The Diesel Mechanic / Technician is also responsible for being well versed with the industry regulation and safety aspect of diesel engines and their...
Sanimax. South St. Paul
Your Employment Checklist: 3% Quarterly Bonus 401 K $1 for $1 with 5% Match Green company with strong values and years of established growth and stability Fun team environment If this checklist works for you, read on! Shift: 2nd shift - Mon-Fri, 4:00 PM – 12:30 AM. May be required to work some Saturdays. Location: South...